Thursday, April 10, 2008

Really?!?!

Evidently the U.S. Men's national soccer team has jumped up seven positions to number 21 in the FIFA World rankings. Personally, i'm still a fan of the ELO Ratings where the U.S. is in 18...even though I think they both have the US a little higher than they should be. Guess we shall see how we do in the next few friendlies leading up to the World Cup Qualifiers. Coming up we have a couple in Europe, with England on 28 May and then Spain on 4 June, followed by a return trip home and a match with Argentina (#1 in FIFA and #2 in ELO) on 8 June.

Anyone care to comment on their thoughts on the new U.S. jerseys? Not sure I like the new color, but I need to get a U.S. jersey. Of all the jerseys I have, both pro and national teams, I don't have a single U.S. jersey. Not right.

Edit: Just found out the U.S. Women's National team have now qualified for the Olympics as well. Let's Go U.S.A.!

No comments: