Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A new blog for a seperate subject...

My original blog was set up to post about music. It quickly pulled in some politics and some soccer. The politics sometimes works, but I found that no one reading my music and politics posts were interested in my futbol rhetoric. So...thus begins, Futbol in the Shadows. I'll be discussing futbol/soccer in general but my favorites include the US National Teams, the Republic of Ireland's National Teams, FC Sevilla and FC St. Pauli. I'm also a fan of Fulham in the EPL but that's mostly because they've picked up so many US National players for their roster.

Anyway, on with the show...

The first post will be about this evening's Champions League match that Sevilla will be playing in Turkey. The Fenerbahce coach is already spreading some harsh words to the press about how they plan on taking control of their destiny with this match. Should be an interesting match...just wish I could watch it instead of keeping track of it online via matchcast. At least Sevilla is a lot closer to full strength with several players returning.

Let's Go Sevilla!!!

[Edit: So, I was able to "watch" the gamecast off and on while at work. It sounded like a nasty match (Fenerbahce had 4 yellow cards) and I guess their coach was correct...at least for this match. Fenerbahce ended up beating Sevilla 3-2 with a goal in the final three minutes of the match. We shall see how the next ten years works out for him. I certainly hope Sevilla has better control over the second match which will be at home.]

...(Not a fun first post.)...

No comments: